Sunday, July 25, 2010

Doing the Twitter Mingle

Mingling in Twitter

I have managed to increase my number of followers and following numbers, by basically mingling on Twitter. It is not unlike going to a party, where you do not know anyone. In order to enjoy yourself, and get anything out of the party - you need to mingle and chat with others. Like the party, you may not always create lasting relationships, as on Twitter - Unfollow.

I have been adding followers and increasing who I am following, while attempting to increase tweeps as those that either I can be value to, they are of interest to my pursuits, or we share commonalities. Example is of rather than haphazardly adding followers and following names,  I have become selective with first searching for those in my geographical area
- #Kitchener #KW #Waterloo #Cambridge #Ontario #WaterlooRegion.

This has been a very positive experience, and I have connected with several people that I feel I can form relationships. It has been delightful to connect with a local Fresh Food Market - and as result was able to be amongst the first customers to purchase this seasons sweet corn, due to being informed immediately when became available. I also was able to connect with people experiencing Fibromyalgia, which I as well have - and surprisingly, discovered sites and people, that Google and other searching did not reveal.

I will be putting together my observations and experiences from the past week, in more detail and approach that I am using, as well as references using to ensure not missing anything.
 There are many resources with Tips and How to Use - Twitter and other Social Media.

THIS WEEK:

I will be announcing - The 30 day Social Media Experiment.


Reason for Experiment:
The 'ordinary people' or 'average non-business related' people, have been requesting as to exactly what is all this Social Media stuff is, and is there any benefit or real use to them to get more involved than with Facebook? After all email, texting, websurfing and Facebook are difficult enough to keep up with.

  1. DO I REALLY NEED TWITTER? 
  2. OUT OF 297 SOCIAL MEDIA APPS DO I NEED ANY?
  3. WHAT DOES SOCIAL MEDIA DO FOR ME?
  4. IS IT JUST YET ANOTHER METHOD FOR COMPANIES TO BLAST ME WITH MARKETING?
  5. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS TO OPT OUT?
THIS IS NOT ABOUT BUSINESSES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- but why should someone that is not selling anything need Twitter or other Social Media Apps?

Such as cousin Cyd. She has a personal blog, and Facebook account she uses for connecting with mostly family. She has nothing to sell. She does not wants ads or connections on Facebook by anyone or any company that is selling something. This is virtual junk mail. Why and who should she Twitter with, and why use DIGG,  or Tumblr, StumbleUpon, etc. It sounds like more wasted time and effort.
... Could be .. So let's look deeper. 

I will investigate and I will  obtain feedback from other - 'regular people' of their impressions and use of Social Media.

And investigation to cover business and Social Media, and what value they may provide to their customers. Do their customers want to be communicated to in this format?

How do we make sense of all this?


Tweetback
@darleenw

No comments:

Post a Comment